Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs the resources and activities of the Company to support the HSSEQ programs by providing advice and guidance to Management
- Oversee all HSSEQ function and activities across business locations
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Company to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSSEQ
- Review existing HSE policies and practices of the Company to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments
- Oversee HSSEQ intervention at all locations and promote safety as top priority (culture/attitude) through participatory and coal face management.
- Oversee the requisition, sourcing and procurement of all PPE’s, Foam chemical, and other HSSEQ accessories to ensure they meet required standard.
- Supervise the investigation of all incidents and ensure proper records are completed and submitted. Assist in implementation of corrective actions as it relates to the incident and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the Company and are incorporated in policy/procedure, if necessary.
- Serve as the Company expert within the field of HSE when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues, third party safety & liability consultants and subcontractor representatives.
- Conduct periodic safety training for all employees and ensure each staff is abreast with current and emerging technical and professional happenings in the HSE field.
- Develop Risk assessment for operation and project activities.
- Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to Management;
- Liaise with all Terminal Operation Managers at the various locations in ensuring there are no incidents/accidents on site.
- Supervise the implementation, tracking and follow up to close out actions from internal and external audits while liaising with Government/Non-governmental officials on inspection to all facilities.
- Carryout quarterly facility HSSEQ inspections and highlight findings requiring action to relevant focal points.
- Ensure monthly HSSEQ newsletters, circulated to all locations and with contents from all location capturing catalogued safety incidents, unsafe acts and conditions etc and clearly stating lessons learned from these incidents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) required
- Specialised knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment Management
- Knowledge of Processes and Procedure to ensure that products and process meet quality requirements
- Proven ability Planning, organizing and Controlling
- Ability to develop, support and maintain quality systems
- Established ability of Risk Management and Assessment
- Ability to initiate strategic change
- Strong organizational focus and willingness to share knowledge
- Expertise level of communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills to manage key internal and external stakeholders (clients, community and government) effectively
Academic qualifications and experience required
- Good University Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, the Sciences or other related fields
- A masters degree in related subject or field with additional professional certifications and recognition will be added advantage
- At least 10 years of experience, 4 of which must have been in a senior level position in Operations and HSE within an oil and gas or similar industry