HSSEQ Coordinator (Ilorin)
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement HSSEQ Work procedures, Emergency Response Plans, Environmental Impact and Aspect Register that comply with TSL Logistics policies and procedures as well as Client requirements.
- Monitor compliance with all relevant environmental & health and safety requirements
- Oversee HSSEQ intervention and promote safety as top priority (culture/attitude) through participatory and coal face management.
- Develop Risk assessment for operation and project activities.
- Provide HSSEQ Inputs when bids and tenders are received.
- Carry out HSSEQ induction for new staff, HSSEQ training and pep talks and HSSEQ briefing for all visitors entering the restricted areas.
- Issue and raise PTW for non routine /high risk activities for both maintenance and project operations to avoid LTI.
- Follow up on contractors’ safety issues on site and ensure compliance, including mobilizing firemen to site as need arises.
- Facilitate proper waste handling (segregation and disposal), general housekeeping and emergency drills within the facility
- Implement, track and follow up to close out actions from internal and external audits while liaising with Government/Non governmental officials on inspection to the facility.
- Carryout daily /weekly facility HSSEQ inspections and highlight findings requiring action to relevant focal points.
- Request, source and purchase PPE’s, Foam chemical, spill kits and other HSSEQ accessories.
- Compile and send out daily, weekly and monthly HSSEQ report.
- Receive, study, evaluate all near miss/ unsafe condition & come up with solution. Investigate all accidents and near-misses, prepare report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action.
- Collate HSSEQ Statistics, analyze trends and propose and take remedial actions where necessary
- Ensure monthly HSSEQ newsletters, circulated to all locations and with contents from all locations capturing catalogued safety incidents, unsafe acts and conditions etc and clearly stating lessons learned from these incidents
- Execution of assigned task in line with ISO standards.
- Ensures that all project personnel and crew comply with Client and TSL HSE Trainings and Medical
Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in Oil and gas (prior involvement in Pipeline operations is essential)
Please note that consideration will only be given to qualified applicants